In certain cases where people suffer from wrinkles, natural remedies fail to give the desired effect and therefore in such situations, the only hope of salvation is medical or cosmetic procedures to get rid of wrinkles effectively. Also unlike other cosmetic treatments, removal of wrinkles generally do not require any anesthesia or the use of scissors, the medical treatments to fight wrinkles are quite simple and do not weigh too excessively on the pocket as well.
- Botox: Known as Botox, it is actually referred to as Botulinum toxin A. Botox is actially a lind of purifie toxim that is derived from a bacteria that causes botulism. Being a paralyzing agent, a small shot of Botox can relax the tight muscles on face for a period of 6-7 months. Usually the muscles on the face are firm and taut which leads to occurrence of wrinkles or crow feet or fine lines on the skin of the face. An injection of Botox usually takes merely 10 -15 minutes to administer and the recovery time is generally minimal in most cases. Because of its great success, Butolinum toxin is now popularly used in fighting wrinkles.
- Dermabrasion: In dermabrasion, a vacuum suction is used accompanied with a chemical crystal that slowly scrubs away the foremost layer of the skin cells in order to stimulate the growth of new skin cells which are more similar to the existing tone of the skin. Effective against wrinkles, Dermabrasion also works in removing acne scars and age spots from the skin.
- Chemical peels: In this particular treatment, usually a chemical solution is applied to the skin in specific areas such as face, hands or neck. The chemical solutions work in such a way so that the outer layer of the skin either gets damaged or burned in a controlled way. The damaged skin peels off and the body to fight the intrusion produces more collagen thus resulting in a more smoother and younger looking skin. Beneficial for removing wrinkles, this method also works in getting rid of acne scars as well.
- Light Resurfacing: A laser treatment by nature, this method uses a laser light in order to remove the topmost layer of the skin. The nonablative laser treatments stimulate production of collagen plus helps in smoothing the fine lines and creases on the skin. Though there is no kind of damage to the skin surface however complete recovery takes almost a week to ten days.
- Wrinkle fillers: Also popular as an anti wrinkle method, in this treatment wrinkles are filled with a mixture of substances such as hyaluronic acid, collagen and some synthetic compounds. Visible in giving effective results, there is almost no damage to the skin in this method.