If you are reading this, it means that you have been looking for ways to get rid of wrinkles or most probably looking for an alternative to various facial rejuvenation procedure or laser treatments to erase the fine lines. Howsoever, before plunging straightaway for laser treatments or any open surgery do look for facial fat injection that can help you look young and cut down your age from your face.
You must be hearing this term for the first time especially the ones who have never heard of facial fillers or someone who is not familiar with wrinkles treatment. However, you definitely must have heard of liposuction, which is a very popular treatment used for fat loss.
Thus, Microlipoinjection too does something similar to liposuction, where the excess fat is extracted from the body, similarly in Microlipoinjection the excess fat from thighs or buttocks is removed, used as filler and injected in areas that need some more fats to smoothen the fine lines by making the skin plump and lift the wrinkles.
The procedure is somewhat similar to liposuction, firstly the patient is asked to lie down on the bed in surgery room, since doctors have already decided the site from where fats will be removed, the fats have to be extracted from sites that have thick fat layers preferably thighs, buttocks or lower stomach. Now both the Donor (area fats to be extracted) and Receiver sites (where fats will be injected) are anesthetized after which a needle with a syringe is pricked in the donor site, from where the fats are extracted with the syringe and then transferred in the recipient site, be it cheeks, hands, under eye or anywhere else.
The fat is not transferred with one push but slowly in little drops just as we see when glucose liquid is inserted in our veins through needles. The amount of fat transferred depends on the area being and always more fat is transferred in the area as the body absorbs some part of the fat, thus, always some extra fat is inserted in the recipient area.
- Cost effective if done in conjunction with other procedures like liposuction, tummy tucks and any other procedure that requires fat to be removed. Or else the price for Microlipoinjection can start from $50 and shoot up to $5000 depending on the area to be treated and the amount of fat to be extracted.
- It is very unlikely for the patient to face any allergic issue as no external or chemical substance has been inserted in the body.
- Microlipoinjection has a long lasting effect as compared to dermal fillers where chemical substance is injected in the wrinkly area, but in Microlipoinjection, the fat stays in place as long as the body allows, but once the fat is completely absorbed after some few months then another Microlipoinjection session is required.
- Another good part of the treatment is that it comprises of our very own fats that keeps the allergies at bay.
- Unlike other surgeries that take about 2-3 weeks recovery time, in this procedure you can get back to your daily work on the very day. Microlipoinjection recovery time is considerably fast without wasting time. Thus, if you are someone looking for the fastest way to get rid of fine lines, you can drop in for the procedure but after you completely discuss the procedure and almost everything with your doctor.
- If the treatment covers a very big area then be ready to shell some huge amount and do not expect the treatment cost to be covered with your existing insurance as it is cosmetic treatment that you wish to undergo yourself and not medically.
- After the treatment, you might suffer from some temporary swelling for that you can simply take an ice bag and place it on the affected area that will help to suppress the swelling.
- Then the treatment could cause some pain on the treated area after the effect of anesthesia has faded out.
- Get detailed information on the Microlipoinjection procedure; enquire about the side effects, cost and anything that bothers you in case you are confused over any procedure.
- Furnish your doctors with your medical record to help them be aware of your problems to handle the problem in case anything goes during the treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours prior the treatment.
- Arrange for someone who can accompany you back home as you can feel numbness after the treatment; therefore driving right after the treatment can be dangerous.
- Avoid Aspirin, ibuprofen or any blood thinners before the procedure atleast 10 days prior the treatment.
If you still feel that Microlipoinjection isn’t the right option for you, then you can pick from other filler options like, Collagen, Botox, Artecoll, Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast and many more. Or else you can go for other alternatives laser skin resurfacing, Microdermabrasion, CO2 laser resurfacing, chemical peels and pulsed light laser.
Microlipoinjection seems a good option as compared to the laser treatments and also if you are looking for a long lasting effect then the Microlipoinjection is the right treatment for you. Always be well read and well informed about various treatments, do consult your doctor and share your medical health report with doctors for effective result or any other issue that could act as an obstacle during the procedure.
In addition, before plunging in for such treatment, make sure you have enough budget to take care of the treatment and maybe little extra in case you need to drop back for another session. Usually 2-3 sessions are required in Microlipoinjection, therefore be ready to spend as per the area you wish to be wrinkle free.
Microlipoinjection are the most cost effective and the natural way to get rid of wrinkles, as our own body fat is used as filler to treat wrinkles that prevent allergies. However, once the treatment is complete it is necessary to visit your doctor for follow up that will give better insight on whether you need to come for additional sessions or not.