Many of us are not even aware that rising weight in our body might be resulting due to the body retaining excess water than it should ideally which thus causes our body to bloat up and lead to accumulation of water weight in our system. We usually think of it as a fat but what really happens is that the excess water weight adds inches to parts in our body such as abdomen, things, etc. Water weight can be caused by many common factors such as pregnancy, lack of physical activity, excessive intake of salt, poor diet, specific medications and even premenstrual syndrome.
In order to lose this kind of weight, one has to get rid of the water that the body has stored up and there are several ways for it as discussed below:
- Bananas: Eating one banana daily can help in preventing fluids from building up inside one’s body. Apart from the water resisting abilities, bananas are also high on potassium which too helps in flushing the excess water out of the system. One can have bananas either in the plain way or the fruit can also be added in smoothies and yogurt also. In case, you do not like bananas, raisins can be taken which too are rich in potassium.
- Yogurt: Yogurt because of the probiotics in them helps in fighting the bacteria residing in one’s stomach thereby eliminating the water weight too in the process. Full of natural bacteria, a cup of plain yogurt is eaten daily or mixed with other foods can effectively reduce water retention in the body.
- Natural Diuretics: Diuretic foods are those that promotes the production of urine in the body therefore foods such as cabbage, celery, oats, ginger, lemon, eggplant, parsley, cranberry juice, tomatoes, cucumber, apple cider vinegar, carrots, asparagus, watermelons, garlic and artichokes either eaten plainly or in combination with other foods can also help you in managing your water weight problem.
- Increasing Intake of Iron, B Vitamins, Calcium and Magnesium: Iron and B Vitamins helps in fulfilling any nutrient deficiency in the body that may be causing the problem of water weight whereas magnesium and calcium directly helps in restricting water retention specifically in the case of PMS (pre menstrual syndrome).
- Reduce Intake of Salt: Lastly but importantly, reduce the amount of salts that are you talking in because salt causes the body to hold more amount of water than necessary. In place of salt, use another spice to add taste to your dish such as pepper. Also avoid eating processed and fast foods since they contain an salt in excess that is not even required in the body.