Since we already talked about Food To Eat Before Your Gym Session, in the last topics, we thought why not even discuss the food that one can actually eat post workout. This way, you can have a complete meal planned out in advance for your pre and post workout session.
Usually a gym session reduces the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fluids that the body possesses therefore to refill that amount of nutrients lost in the workout session, you have to eat the food that is healthy and also restores the lost nutrients at the same time. However, it should be noted that one should try eating something within 30 minutes of your gym session because it is at this time that the body is on rapid spree to absorb the loss it has incurred while exercising. Following is a list of Food to eat Post Workout that can actually add to your exercise routine. these are tasty as well as wholesome.
- Hummus: A Levantine food, hummus is actually a dip made from mashed and cooked chickpeas blended with lemon, salt, garlic and olive oil. Hummus besides being tasty, it also quite rich in Vitamin C and Iron therefore making it an excellent choice of refilling carbohydrates and proteins in the body.
- Omelette: For egg lovers, Omelette are a good source of high protein diet that one can munch into after the gym session. The egg whites usually the healthier part of the entire egg is filled with good amount of amino acids, proteins and vitamins. The amino acids help in rebuilding any sore or damaged tissue after a workout whereas vitamins and proteins give you the energy to last the day.
- Salmon: Overall eating salmon is good for the entire body, i.e. skin, hair, etc. The fish contains omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D as well which helps in quick recovery of energy and strength plus also helps in regulating the insulin levels in one’s body.
- Fruits: A good choice anytime of the day, a bowl of fresh fruits fulfills carbohydrates, Vitamin C requirements in the body. Rich in water and fiber, they contain enzymes that help in breaking down of nutrients which can then carried to the tired muscles. In case, you are too lazy to munch on fruits post workout, opt for a fruit smoothie instead.
- Avocado: This green fruit contains a list of properties such as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, folic acid, pantothenic acid, saturated fats and potassium which helps in increasing the energy level in the body plus keeps the blood pressure of the body in check as well.
- Dry Fruits: Loaded with carbohydrates, proteins, calcium and Vitamin K and Vitamin A, chomping into some dry fruits and nuts can give you decent quantity of carbs and also refills the glycogen level in the body too. Being easily digestible, it quickly increases the level of energy in the body.