Stretch marks on Tummy are the most common area to suffer stretch marks, especially the women who have gained weight after pregnancy. Stretch marks on tummy is very common, thus there are many treatments that can help an individual to fade the appearance of stretch marks on skin.
Since, Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty is a surgical treatment, which means that the skin will be cut open through surgical procedure. Once you enter the surgery room, the doctor shall apply some local anesthesia or sedative as per the choice of the patient. The procedure includes removes the excess fats and tissues from the abdomen area, with the help of surgical tool. The area is firstly marked and the treatment can be customized as per the requirement of the patient. Therefore, the patient will need to guide the doctor as the procedure can be done in different ways, thus the doctor shall explain the options and then the patient will have to decide the treatment plan.
The Tummy tuck procedure is very common for women who have given birth or lost lot of weight, it has been helpful in removing the excess fat and skin.
- Obese or fat people tend to have stretch marks, which is a common sight, as the skin is stretched more than its capacity to with hold the fats in the body. Thus, with Tummy Tuck, procedure removes the excess fat and folds in the abdomen and tightens the loose hanging skin, which in turn reduces the stretch marks appearance. When the skin stretches, it tends to take away the white stripes on the body.
- Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty treatment is not only limited to women, but also for men who are obese or have lost lot of weight, due to which the area under the stomach tends to hangs due to the loosen skin which is common after weight loss.
- This surgical treatment is the most effective way to cut down weight for women who try every possible method to get rid of the extra fat post pregnancy.
- The invasive method is strictly a NO for individual with poor health record, as the treatment needs surgical opening, which might not be good for people who are weak and with bad heath conditions. For any surgical treatments, even the doctor suggests firstly to try other treatments before going for a surgical treatment. Not for people with bad health conditions, since it is surgical treatment and thus the body should be in a good health to bear the operation.
- Before you jump into the treatment, it is best to consult your doctor and then come to a decision, as after the Tummy Tuck procedure, it is likely for the patient to suffer from scarring once the excess fat has been removed.
- The patient will need to quit smoking for few weeks to prepare the body for the surgical treatment. However, if you can do that then the procedure might get little problematic for the patient. Hence, if you are able to quit or cut down smoking for few weeks then it is likely for the treatment to go on without much complications.
- You cannot consider the Tummy Tuck treatment, if you plan to get pregnant in the coming months especially after the treatment. As you are likely to get stretch marks once pregnant, thus, the treatment would get waste; I would suggest you to get the treatment post pregnancy. That will cut down the loose skin as well as reduce the weight that one had gained during pregnancy.
- After the treatment, you are likely to suffer from pain once the anesthesia affect fades off. Since, it is a surgical procedure; therefore, it is common to suffer from pain. Therefore, it would be best to ask your doctors for medicine’s that would take care of the pain or itching.
- Tummy Tuck procedure means that the skin will be cut open to remove the excess fats and skin around the abdomen, therefore, there are chances of bleeding and forming blood clots. If not taken care of, they can lead to adverse problems.
- The surgical treatment can be complicated for those who suffer from diabetes, heart and lung diseases. Therefore, it is advisable that patients with such health conditions consult the doctor and enquire whether to proceed with the treatment or not.
- The Tummy Tuck procedure is pretty expensive, as it will cost around $ 3000 to $12,000, depending on various fields like, the customized treatment for the patient, the experience of the doctor, and the type of Anesthesia the patients choose for the treatment.
- The patient must always remember that, Tummy Tuck is not the only method to get rid of Stretch marks, even though many doctors and surgeons will come to suggest the treatment as the most effective way to get rid of Stretch Marks. In addition, surgical treatment is the last resort after one has tried almost every other treatment against stretch marks.
Therefore, firstly consult other treatments and then decide the plan.
- Always remember that in surgical treatments, the patient cannot do things on his or her won, he or she will have to consult the doctor to do anything, be it remove the bandages or stop the medication. These are sensitive matters, which should be done under the doctor’s guidance.
- Ultrasound Cavitation this is a non invasive treatment, where the body fats is melted with the help of wave of ultrasound. Thus, when the fat melts inside the body, the fatty liquid eliminates through the lymphatic system. Therefore, before going in for Tummy Tuck you can consider the non-invasive methods to get rid of stretch marks, as the fat is eliminated from the body the skin tightens and stretches the stretch marks which fades away.
- Blu Light Therapy another non-invasive method to get rid of the stretch marks, the procedure involves exposing the Blue light on the skin where a photosensitive ointment or gel is applied. Thus, the light penetrates the skin layer and allows the collagen formation, thus with increased collagen formation it leads to repairing the skin.
- Fraxel Laser Treatment laser treatments are the most common method to get rid of stretch marks, thus with the help of laser, the Dermis i.e. the upper skin layer is removed with the help of laser. Even though the laser damages the upper skin, layer of the affected area, but that is how the damaged skin is removed and the younger skin replaces the old one. In addition, the damage promotes Collagen, which in turn repairs the torn skin, or the stretch marks.
Stretch marks are disastrous especially on the dark skin, but thankfully with the help of technology one can get rid of stretch marks in no time. However, if you wish to get rid of stretch marks, I would suggest you to start early with the basic treatments and then slowly shift onto the next treatment.
Jumping onto the surgical method isn’t the best way to get rid of stretch marks, non-invasive methods should be considered to fight against stretch marks.