Smoothies are great and what can be a better day to start one’s day other than a glass of freshly blended smoothie. However instead of your regular smoothie, why not opt for better combination of foods that are not only healthier for your skin and body but also acts an effective anti aging treatment as well. Listed below are the ingredients that you will require to make the anti aging smoothie that is guaranteed to give you the best ageless skin ever:
- Apple: We might know but the skin of apple is rich in pectin which helps in boosting and maintaining the growth of collagen in the skin. Containing good amount of antioxidants, apples also have malic acid that can help reduce discoloration in the skin if any kind. With a mixture of such properties, apple can give a clearer and smooth looking skin at the end.
- Parsley: We might not be eating this much but parsley sure has a great variety of vitamins such as A,C and K plus other important minerals such as potassium, iron and calcium too. Known to reduce bloating and the body’s ability to retain water, parsley is usually a preferred choice of celebrities if are wishing to shed some weight at a short notice.
- Lemon: Packed with Vitamin C, lemon too is an ingredient used in anti aging products. Because of its ability to build up collagen proteins for the body, use of lemon in the smoothie can give you a wrinkle free and taut skin. Also, being a well known anti oxidant, lemon can increase the growth of new cells buildup plus can help in getting rid of dead cells too in the process.
- Celery: Found usually everywhere, celery is help in lowering down one’s blood pressure but is also a natural stress buster. Capable of flushing toxics from the body, it also used as an anti aging food since it contains iron, calcium, a package of vitamins such as C, A and B1. The food item contains a chemical psoralen too that helps in fighting free radicals.
- Coconut Water: A refreshing liquid, coconut water helps in keeping the skin hydrated plus makes it soft and supple as well. According to some studies, coconut water contains cytokinins and antioxidants too that help in slowing down the aging process considerably.
- Kale: One of the major ingredients in the smoothie, Kale is useful because of the baggage of nutrients that it contains. Rich in iron, fiber, antioxidants as well a good amount of vitamins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin A, Kale is effective in boosting the heath and appearance of the skin tone.
In order to make a smoothie out of all these ingredients, simply blend the above food items in the listed quantity:
- 1 1/2 cup Kale (Cut Up)
- 1 Juice Whole Lemon
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1 handful Parsley
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- 1 Medium Apple (Cored)
A daily drink of this fresh and nutrient rich smoothie can give you the age defyinh beauty you have always been looking for!