Approaching your 30s can be a joy as well as a disappointment if your skin has also started to feel your growing age. The age of 30 is usually a period in life when one has already achieved something substantial in terms of their family, career and well as bank balance, however has lost something too: their youth. Men and women both in their 30s usually are either starting a family or have started one, are settled in their jobs and earning the right amount of money that one needs to have a comfortable life. Nonetheless, in all of this your skin, your body even your looks will be somewhat different from what they used be when you were the college going teenagers at nineteen.
Usually in early 30, faint lines around your eyes will start showing signs of life; these if not treated at this stage only will develop into fully visible crow feet by the time you reach 40! Also apart from the usual wrinkles, the next problem you might be staring at is adult acne problem. Remember those pimply days when you were 16 or 17 years of age, well a much more grown up sibling of those pimply days are bound to return. Women mostly go through certain hormonal changes that cause acne to start showing on the otherwise smooth skin, experts state that women at the age of 18, have a hormone level up to 900 however as they approach their 30, it falls down to mere 200. Also, the bright taut skin that was once the envy of many starts to sag and lacks the glow it sported a few years back. Though men usually don’t go through drastic changes in their faces however their hair growth might show signs of ageing with drop in their testosterone levels.
There are also some extra activities that can simply trigger the aging process to start on early such as smoking, drinking, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, less intake of water and too much exposure in sun, however these are something that a person can control, therefore it is always advised to control these activities before they take a ugly shape for the rest of your life.
There are some simple ways of taking care of your skin as soon as you approach your 30s. Both men as well as women can adopt them as a daily routine throughout their 30s in order to emerge a winner by the time you hit the 40 mark!
- Cleansing: Cleansing is a must! No matter what your age is, it is always a must! Cleanse your face and neck twice every day, i.e., morning and before going to bed to remove all kind of makeup, dirt from the skin. Also, look for good cleansing milk from the market that covers your actual skin type.
- Exfoliate: This is one particular step that everyone seems to either skip or postpone for days. Exfoliating is crucial as it removes all the dead skin cells stuck in your pores. A good exfoliation done with soft gentle hands will remove the dead skin cells and open the pores up to allow them to breathe. Exfoliating every night or once every alternate night should be sufficient.
- Moisturize: Rubbing in a moisturizer that is rich in essential ingredients such as apricot or walnut can help in keeping a healthy and hydrated skin surface. If your skin is less or over hydrated, stretching of skin or acne may develop over the time. Therefore, put adequate moisturizer to avoid any future side effects.
- Protection: If you are one of those people who tend to venture out into the sun more than often then use a proper sunscreen before even stepping out in the skin. Tanning is bad and it destroys the skin upper layer rapidly, therefore never forget to use a serum rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C along with your basic sunscreen lotion. Also use sunscreen with a higher UVA/UVB protection level because the ultraviolent rays of the sun though will make your skin dark in shade at present but it also will trigger the aging of your skin with time.
- Drink Water: No matter how old you are one must drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. There is no magical cure other than water that can treat more than half of your skin care related problems. Adding lemon or lime juice can also be helpful.
- Eat Healthy: eating a well-balanced diet is something that will not only keep your skin fit but your body as well. Reduce stress from your routine, eat high fiber food items and lot of green vegetables in order to let your skin breathe in. Also, do not forget to exercise daily.
- Hydration: Other than water, our body needs hydration in other ways too. staying in the shower for too long or using too much hot water can strip your skin off moisture. Use lukewarm water and add drops of essential oil in your bath to keep your skin nourished. Also, using body wash rich in essential ingredients can be an extra benefit to the skin.
Skincare is difficult but there is nothing that a person can’t achieve. So, even if you are in your 30s fight aging with these very simple everyday steps to make you skin healthier and moisturized for the years to come.