Laser resurfacing are usually the last destination to get rid of Wrinkles, for some it does wonder while for some it does not show much difference, thus for which an individual will have to go for several session to remove the fine lines for a smoother skin surface. Ageing is a part of our life that we cannot hide from, it will catch onto us when the time is right, but now a days with the current lifestyle it has become normal for our skin to turn wrinkly and old. We tend to age little faster as compared to the old times, healing process takes longer and thus various treatments have come in light to take care of our skin.
Erbium Laser Resurfacing
Erbium Laser resurfacing treatment is not known my most of us, as we tend to prefer treatments that are popular or when you have read about it or heard about it from a friend. The treatment is for those who wish to improve the appearance of their wrinkled skin to a fine smooth surface without much disturbance on skin.
Erbium lasers are mild and less invasive when compared to the Carbon Dioxide Laser resurfacing treatment, it removes thinner skin surface mostly the upper skin layer. Whereas CO2 laser treatment removes the deeper skin layer of the damaged skin, therefore, the Erbium laser resurfacing is for those individuals who do not have severe wrinkles and need only little help in smoothening the fine liens.
Whereas the CO2 laser is for the severe wrinkles case, which penetrates deeply and is takes more time to heal.
Basically, the procedure includes the removal of the Epidermis skin layer, where it removes the upper most skin layer which then promotes Collagen production and helps younger looking skin to be born after the treatment. Once, the patient is ready for the treatment, he or she is asked to lie on the bed followed by local anesthesia application on the affected area. The patient will be able to talk to the doctor but with time the affected area will go numb and the Epidermis layer shall be removed with the laser tolls.
Once, the procedure is complete the doctor or surgeon shall cover the area with bandages or as well might not. However, if he or she does, then you will need to come back to the doctor to change the bandage, after which the doctor shall prescribe you some ointments that you will need to apply as per the guidance of your doctor.
Within a week or 10 days, you will be able to get back to your work, even though it seems long but it is a less
- The Erbium laser resurfacing has been approved by Food and Drug Administration, therefore you need not worry about its genuineness. It is safe and secure and does not compromise on the results thus; you can sure about the procedure and its result.
- It is a Reliable and well controlled method, where the expert doctors or Dermatologist know what they are doing and what safety measure should be taken to take care of the patient undergoing the procedure. One need not worry about whether the treatment will cause harm to the surrounding skin or not, because it will not. Erbium laser resurfacing focuses only on the affected area and does not disturb the surrounding area.
- Another best part of the procedure is that it can be done in conjunction with other treatments like liposuction, eyelid rejuvenation and facial fillers. Due to which you can save time and money.
- With the help of the Erbium laser resurfacing treatment, you can have a long lasting effect on your skin that will stay for more than 6 months up to a year, after which you will need to visit your dermatologist for the touch up.
- The basic problem with this procedure is that it is more effective for the light wrinkles or you can say baby wrinkles not for the severe wrinkles. Therefore, this treatment is for those who have little fine lines and not the mature old wrinkles.
- Another problem with this treatment that the fair tone individuals are likely to suffer from skin pigmentation, like either with a darker color patches on skin that stands out from the skin. Whereas, it is more suitable for darker tone individuals, as the color pigmentation will not look odd on the skin.
- After the treatment, usually there are no side effects but you might come across redness, swelling and scarring. In case you see such problems, do not panic, all you need to do is apply the ointment prescribed to you by your doctor. However, if still you feel that the skin is not showing any improvements then you can visit your doctor and consult them the problems.
Word of Caution
- Protect your skin from Sun, this is the most important thing you need to take care of as after the treatment where the skin is removed the skin becomes very sensitive and is likely to be affected by the sunrays. Your skin might turn red and start itching, therefore it is best you avoid sun or else apply lot of sunscreen to protect yourself from any adverse affect.
- Ask your doctor or Dermatologist for the best outcome of the treatment, so that you know what to expect from the treatment and in case something goes wrong then you can always question your doctor if the result is not as per he or she described.
- After 7-10 days of the treatment, do not wear heavy makeup, as the skin is still in its healing process thus the makeup ingredients might react adversely with the sensitive skin. It is best advised to stick with the no makeup look, maybe a light moisturizer with sunscreen on top with little mascara and your favorite lip color.
- Do not wear your normal anti ageing creams; continue with the lotion prescribed by your doctor atleast for a month. On the other hand, ask your doctor when you can start with your normal skin care routine that shall give a better idea. It is better to wait for some time; patience is the key to success in this case.
With the help of advanced technology, we are blessed with the technology that can help us fight the natural process, however, I would still suggest you to start with your anti ageing skin care routine at an early age starting from age 21 atleast. This is the time when an individual is struggling either with a job or with the Universities.
We do not realize that our skin is getting weary and turning old, but one fine day you might just realize but it will be too late then. Therefore, instead of waiting for the ageing signs, start early and take good care of your skin.